Saturday, October 6, 2012

Aspirin and Lemon Juice Face Mask

Just a quick blog post for you all Vixen out there,

My skin is getting 'emotional' lately. My face is getting really dry, but blemishes appearing up on my neck. How is that possible? 


Anyway, a few days ago I read something online about Dr Oz’s Viewer Home Remedies. It is an aspirin and lemon juice face mask. The main ingredient of aspirin is salicylic acid which helps to remove acne and pimples since it is like a chemical peel. The lemon juice has vitamin C and helps minimize sun damage to your skin. Sounds great and easy enough for me, I have the ingredients on hand. 


So I mix 2 tablets of uncoated aspirin with a tea spoon of freshly squezee lemon juice. Apply the mixture to my neck with a clean face mask brush.




Oh My Lord! It did sting! it did burn! I think that because I have tendency to scratch my skin with my fingers so I have minor cuts here and there (bad...don't follow). SoI ran into the bathroom, splashed some cold water on my neck, rubbed all the residue off. 

I have to tell you that rubbing was not the ideal way to remove this mask off. The aspirin was very abrasive! My skin was getting so sore. Later I got back to the internet. Googled the recipe again, apparently I need to remove the face mask by dipping a cotton ball in some baking soda and some water. Baking soda works great at the end to neutralize the salicylic acid.

Rubbing was probably the mistake I made, if I had known it, I would have used a soft washcloth to remove the mask. 

Well, the process didn't sound so pleasant but the result is great! wow...after a few minutes and all the redness gone, I feel like my skin is getting smoother, some acne is getting dry, weird...like my raw acne is getting cooked or something...now some blemishes turning white, so I can extract it easily (popping acne is bad, but I do it anyway).

So it was my experience, have you ever try to make aspirin and lemon juice mask? what is the best way to get rid of acne? tell me on the comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...