Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Bath & Body Works Sea Island Cotton


Hi Vixen,

Today I will do a review about two products that I currently bought. These are Bath and Body Works Sea Island Cotton Fine Fragrance Mist and Body Lotion.



Bath and Body Works Sea Island Cotton Fine Fragrance Mist

From the website:
“Introducing our NEW Fine Fragrance Mist. Our beautiful, sophisticated new bottle features a Fine Fragrance pump for a more delicate mist and improved coverage control. Lavishly spritz on your body to lightly scent your skin with our exclusive Sea Island cotton, a clean scent inspired by pure white cotton flowing in fresh ocean air.”

Top Notes: Fresh Bright Floral Accord, Clean Cotton Accord, Drenched Air Accord, Fresh Linen Effect, Wet Green Pear, Blood Orange, Tangerine
Mid Notes: White Muguet, Crisp Orange Flower, Watery Cyclamen, White Freesia, Cotton Blossom Headspace, Dewy Jasmine
Dry Notes: Clean Powder, White Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla Absolute
Aloe conditions and nourishes skin

I believe this is the new packaging of their body spray, I must say I love it. Their old bottle just a plain clear plastic bottle, this one is cuter! Bright and colorful. Sea Island Cotton particularly has a peacock feather design on the bottle. So pretty and girly. The nozzle works well, but I don’t feel any difference from their old packaging. It feels the same.

The packaging definitely win me, but how about the smell? I blindly purchased it, without smelling it first, and unfortunately this is not my favorite, some people might like it but not me. To me it just smells like laundry detergent.  Sharp and powdery. Nothing sweet, nothing fruity, nothing sexy, just a clean detergent scent.

Don’t get me wrong, I love other BBW scent like Warm Vanilla Sugar, Sweet Pea, and Japanese Cherry Blossom, but Sea Island Cotton is just not my cup of tea. I'm going to use it as laundry freshener :)


Bath and Body Works Sea Island Cotton Body Lotion

The texture is just lovely. Creamy and moisturizing without being oily. My skin feels great after using it. Just the perfect consistency. The downside is, same like the body spray, I don't enjoy the smell :( I wish the scent could have been sweeter. Not straight up detergent.

So have you tried Sea Island Cotton? what do you think of them? what is your favorite scent from BBW? tell me in the comment below.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Packaging is pretty, too bad I don't enjoy the scent :(

      Delete
  2. Sounds tempting, I always love fresh scent, especially sea breeze!

    please join my current giveaway worth $30.99 sponsored by Wishtrend ^_^
    http://utotia.blogspot.com/2012/12/first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This more smells like laundry detergent to me :( I wish I could love it

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...