Thursday, January 24, 2013

Rainy Days Fashion, Hair, and Makeup

Hi all, 

Hearing all the news about terrible flood that invades Jakarta and other cities really break my heart. I pray this disaster quickly passed and the most important thing, I hope all of you are well, healthy, and safe. 

So, today post is about tips and tricks that I have picked up to get myself ready to face rainy cold days. Let's see all of them.



Fashion


  • Layer some pieces to keep you warm. A combination of a comfortable form-fitting sweater, cardigan, skinny belt and scarf are my go to wardrobe staple to face rainy days. 
  • If you plan to go outdoor, make sure you wear waterproof rain boots. If you like me, who thinks rain boots are 'too much', then choose a flat booties or sneakers. Basically I don't like wearing sandals on a rainy day. I like to keep my feet as dry as possible. 

Hair


  • I prefer to wear my hair up, a messy bun or ponytail. The wind and humidity making my hair crazy and frizzy. That's why I like to keep them secured and out of my face. I don't want to think about my hair when I walk under the rain.
  • I like to wear hoodies to keep my hair dry. Most of the time, after I walk under the rain (without umbrella), I get a little headache. So if I don't bring my umbrella I will use hooded jacket to protect my head.

Makeup


  • Waterproof mascara, waterproof eyeliner. Waterproof formula is the key.
  • Even on a dark rainy days, sunscreen is still important. So don't forget to apply your suncreen, add BB  cream or tinted moisturizer to even out your skin.
  • Put a little color on your cheek and lips. One tips: don't use sticky lipgloss, wind will blow up and stick your hair to your lips. Choose a tinted lipbalm or lipstain instead.

Other


  • Invest in some kind of mini and sturdy umbrella. Don't forget to bring some kind of plastic bag with you. You can throw your wet umbrella inside the plastic bag and keep it neat in your purse.
  • If you can't avoid wet feet, then bring another shoes inside your purse. Don't wear a wet shoes for too long. Change it to other shoes. A light rolled-up flats is a my choice.
  • Other things to bring are mask and hand sanitizer. In a flu season, its important to bring mask to minimize your chance to catch a flu that spreads through the air. Hand sanitizer is useful when you can't find a sink to wash your hand.
  • Spritz some oriental, heavier scented perfume that you can't wear in a hot days, the cold weather toned down the smells. Heavier perfumes are lovely in colder weather.


So these are my tips and tricks to get myself ready to face rainy day. I hope these could be useful for you. If you have any other tips and trick, feel free to tell me on the comment below.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I'm your new follower.
    Wanna check mine ?

    Medina
    nothingbutlovehandles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...