Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Chanel Mat Lumiere Luminous Matte Powder Makeup SPF 10


Hi Vixen,

Today I will do a review on Chanel Mat Lumiere Luminous Matte Powder Makeup SPF 10.


Pros:
  • I won’t lie, the first reason I got this powder is because the packaging, a sleek shiny black compact with Chanel logo on it. I don’t mind touching-up with this product in front of my friend because the compact looking so gorgeous. It has a velvet pouch to cover the compact from getting scratchy. Inside the compact there are a different compartments for the powder and the sponge, I think it’s a good way to keep the powder hygienic, the sponge not sitting all the time on top of the powder like any other compact.
  • The mirror inside this Chanel Mat Lumiere is huge! I can see everything when I use it.
  • It has a medium coverage. For some people the coverage might not be sufficient. When you see someone’s makeup you can tell the quality of makeup products that person used. To me this just looks gorgeous on the skin.
  • The powder itself doesn’t feel too powdery; it feels slightly creamy when I pick some out with the sponge.
  • It is fine and smooth, doesn’t look cakey or flat even after I do touch up  several times.
  • The color stays true without oxidizing.
  • The first application looks matte but after several minute it gives a slight luminous effect. Just like the name itself ‘Mat Lumiere’ , ‘Luminous Matte’, it gives a slight luminosity without taking away the matte effect. Such a clever product.


Cons

  • The color I have is 40 Sable, it looks ok on me but I prefer lighter color. I Google this powder and apparently they don’t really have a wide range selection of color. I wish it has a better oil absorbing properties, but sadly this is not keeping my super oily face matte for the time that I expected.
  • It doesn’t really cover up my big pores; I have to use foundation first to achieve that look. My MAC Studio Fix Powder do better job concealing my pore.
  • It’s expensive; I got mine for S $ 64 in Changi Airport.

Overall, I will use up this powder. I don’t plan to buy it in the near future because there is other Chanel powder I want to try. But if someday I decide to pick this product again, then I’ll make sure I get a lighter color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...