Today I will do a review on the newest addition to my daily skincare routine. It is L’occitane Immortelle Brightening - Shield SPF40/PA+++. Originally I couldn’t decide whether I wanted this or the Kiehl’s Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50 PA+++. Finally after tried a sample of the K’iehls one, I went to L’occitane and bought this. The K’iehls wasn’t a bad sunscreen, it just made my face produce a little more oil than usual.
From the box:
“Immortelle is a flower with exceptional longevity: it never fades, even when picked. Its organic essential oil is rich in active molecules with unique anti-aging result.
Bellis perennis, the daisy flower, offers a brightening extract that contributes to regular melanin production.
The Brightening Shield SPF 40 offers triple action benefits to correct wrinkles, unify the complexion and protect skin against UV rays:
Immortelle helps to stimulate collagen production to fill wrinkles and firm the skin.
Its formula unifies and brightens the complexion, thanks to the Bellis perennis extract.
Enriched in UV filter of mineral origin, it protects skin against sun rays. A combination of 3 ingredients of vegetal origin (sunflower, ivy, and rice loaf extracts) contributes to fight against harmful effects of pollution. Skin attains a youthful glow.
Apply each morning to face and neck, after the daily moisturizer. Shake before use.”
- Light and easy to absorb
- Non-oily, gives a matte finish, doesn’t leave a sticky feeling even in hot sweaty condition
- It is slightly gives me a natural ‘fairer look’. But on darker skin women it could creates a white cast.
- The bottle is perfect for travel; I can twist the cap to prevent leaking.
- The pump gives a perfect amount of product. Usually I use one pump on my face, one pump on my neck.
- Someone wrote a review online that there are tons of SPF products in the market that’s labeled as mineral based. However the effective SPF ingredients are only about 6% in most of them. In fact we will need about 2 ml on a 1cm² skin area to get the exact protection on the package that claims to provide. This L'occitane has 11.52% titanium dioxide in it; we don’t need to put on tons of product on our face and still getting the right protection we desire. Nice to know
- It has an ‘herbal flowery’ scent, not lingers but some might not like it.
- Expensive! It cost me Rp 630.000,-
Overall this is a great sunscreen, but I don’t think I will repurchase due to the expensive price. My search on my HG sunscreen is still going.