Saturday, March 2, 2013

Review: L’occitane Immortelle Brightening Shield SPF40/PA+++

Hi Vixen,

Today I will do a review on the newest addition to my daily skincare routine. It is L’occitane Immortelle Brightening - Shield SPF40/PA+++. Originally I couldn’t decide whether I wanted this or the Kiehl’s Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50 PA+++. Finally after tried a sample of the K’iehls one, I went to L’occitane and bought this. The K’iehls wasn’t a bad sunscreen, it just made my face produce a little more oil than usual.



From the box:

“Immortelle is a flower with exceptional longevity: it never fades, even when picked. Its organic essential oil is rich in active molecules with unique anti-aging result.

Bellis perennis, the daisy flower, offers a brightening extract that contributes to regular melanin production.

The Brightening Shield SPF 40 offers triple action benefits to correct wrinkles, unify the complexion and protect skin against UV rays:

Smoother skin:
Immortelle helps to stimulate collagen production to fill wrinkles and firm the skin.

More-even tone:
Its formula unifies and brightens the complexion, thanks to the Bellis perennis extract.

Protected skin:
Enriched in UV filter of mineral origin, it protects skin against sun rays. A combination of 3 ingredients of vegetal origin (sunflower, ivy, and rice loaf extracts) contributes to fight against harmful effects of pollution. Skin attains a youthful glow.

Apply each morning to face and neck, after the daily moisturizer. Shake before use.”

     Pros:

  •  Light and easy to absorb
  • Non-oily, gives a matte finish, doesn’t leave a sticky feeling even in hot sweaty condition
  • It is slightly gives me a natural ‘fairer look’. But on darker skin women it could creates a white cast.
  • The bottle is perfect for travel; I can twist the cap to prevent leaking.
  • The pump gives a perfect amount of product. Usually I use one pump on my face, one pump on my neck.
  • Someone wrote a review online that there are tons of SPF products in the market that’s labeled as mineral based. However the effective SPF ingredients are only about 6% in most of them. In fact we will need about 2 ml on a 1cm² skin area to get the exact protection on the package that claims to provide. This L'occitane has 11.52% titanium dioxide in it; we don’t need to put on tons of product on our face and still getting the right protection we desire. Nice to know                                                   
     Cons:

  • It has an ‘herbal flowery’ scent, not lingers but some might not like it.
  • Expensive! It cost me Rp 630.000,-


Overall this is a great sunscreen, but I don’t think I will repurchase due to the expensive price. My search on my HG sunscreen is still going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...