Monday, May 27, 2013

Benefit Hervana Box o' Powder

Today review is about my current favorite blush, Benefit Box o’Podwer Hervana. I’ve been wanting to tried this for so long, earlier this year when I was in Singapore, I was confused whether to buy this or Dior blush, I bought the Dior one at that time. Now when Benefit Cosmetics available in Plaza Indonesia, I finally got myself Hervana.

The packaging is cute, a white, pink, and purple cardboard box, flip-top, and mirror inside. Some people say the packaging is bulky and inconvenient for travel, but for me the packaging is very appealing, unique and fits perfectly in my palm. However I find the mirror is too small to use, I use another compact when touching up my face with this product. The good thing is the small angled brush works perfectly fine. I had a doubt about it on the first time, but it just works very well.

The price is quite expensive, for Rp 350.000,- I get 8 grams of product. Inside, It has 4 different shades - lucky shell, divine peach, heavenly rose and berry delight. I swirl them together  before sweeping it on my cheek, I believe I could use each shade individually, just pick the color with a very small brush, but I feel it takes too much works. If I look closely, I see a very fine shimmer in it, but on my cheek it goes completely matte.

Click for bigger picture

The color is very hard to describe, on some days it looks peach on my skin, dare I say I look bronze. On different day it looks pink with a slight coral tone in it, on another day it looks pink with a lot of purple tone. I think the color changes depends on what shade I pick the most with the brush and what color lipstick I use on that day. Every application pleasantly surprise me. But basically no matter what color shows up, it always gives me a ‘lit from within look’, a beautiful wash of color, natural and soft, never too heavy.

The pigmentation is quite nice, not the most pigmented but not completely colorless either. It goes on sheer but I can build it on my NC25 skin. However, for darker skin ladies this product might not show up very well on your skin tone, try Bella Bamba or Coralista instead. Longevity is good, I wear it for about 5 hours in hot humid weather and it is not disappear (maybe having oily skin helps too, blush sticks better on my skin).

One of the downside is, the smells is very weird, a sour lilac smell, some might like it but I just can’t enjoy it. I think the ‘sour’ smell comes from the brush, I hope it disappear someday. Overall I enjoy using this blush very much, this makes me want to try another Box o’Powder, maybe Sugarbomb or Coralista next? Add a little High Beam on it? I think High Beam would be lovely if combined with Hervana, what do you think? 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Tania, I tried to swatch it, the color doesn't translate well in the picture, I will try with different lighting, excuse my bad photography :D

      Delete
  2. Hi


    My name is Widely, We are professional cosmetic packing manufacture of Airless Bottle,Lotion Bottle,Cream Jar and so on ,which is a wholly foreign-owned company .


    This is our company website : http://packaging.nbwidely.com/
    You could send mail to get more information of our company .If have any problem or query please feel free contact me . We will pay our best attention to you .



    Ningbo Widely Trading Co.,LTD

    Room 1302 Grand Pacific International Building,
    NO.168 Nan Bin Jiang Road,Yu Yao, Zhe Jiang, China.
    Tel:0086-574-62752345
    Fax:0086-574-62738218
    Email: jackie@nbwidely.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...