Saturday, September 7, 2013

Christian Dior J’adore Eau de Parfum


At the moment I saw J’adore commercial where Marylin Monroe, Grace Kelly, and Marlene Dietrich come alive and rock the backstage with the uber-gorgeous Charlize Theron, I knew I have to own a bottle.

See the video for yourself here:


Coupled with other in-depth beautiful videos that House of Dior made about this perfume, my desire becomes stronger. 

Seduce yourself and watch these:



Finally I bought it in Changi Airport

Describe in three words?
Luxurious, glamorous, and confident

The bottle?
The heavy glass bottle shaped like Greek amphora, I think it looks like the curves of a woman. The cap inspired by Masai necklace. The gold bottle feels expensive and luxurious.

What it smells like?
Top Notes: Magnolia, Melon, Peach, Pear, Bergamot, Mandarin Orange
Middle Notes: Tuberose, Plum, Violet, Orchid, Freesia, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, Rose
Base Notes: Musk, Vanilla, Cheddar, Blackberry

Whenever I read all the notes in J’adore, my mind always tell me “that’s too much everything!”
When I spray it, I smell a clean soapy white floral mix with fruity notes. The jasmine, tuberose, pear, melon, and peach are rather prominent in this fragrance. All blend beautifully.

For several days, the dry down didn’t blend well with me.  It was bitter and sour, but now it just mixes with me beautifully, light fruits with a hint of woodiness. I don’t know why that happened; maybe I was sick on those days so my body chemistry messed up or something.

J’adore Dior has grown on me. She is elegant yet casual, sensual but fresh, opulent yet approachable. I feel it could be a great substitute to jewelry. Wear this instead your gold.


What kind of woman would wear this perfume?
This woman is a posh beauty.  At first she’s cold and distant, she gives “I am rich” or “I have a wealthy husband” vibe.  She’s successful and secure. She wears classy expensive things.  But if you let yourself to know her better, she’ll open herself to you, revealing her friendly and soft side.

Charlize Theron is the perfect person to advertise this perfume.  She’s unattainable but also a sweetheart.

What kind of occasion suitable for this perfume?
I think this fragrance suitable for whenever you need to “show off” to other people, important meeting, fabulous soiree, opera night, and gala dinner.

How about the sillage and  longevity?
Sillage is medium. Longevity on my skin is rather poor, gone within an hour. I start to think that my skin doesn’t hold perfume very well, just one or two fragrance last well on me, dozens don’t. However on my clothes it stays much better, around 4-5 hours.

Price?
It cost me S$ 159 (Rp 1.287.900,-) I got mine in Changi Airport

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...