Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Review: Aesop Fabulous Face Cleanser & Fabulous Face Oil

Fabulous Face Cleanser


From Aesop website:
A mild, low-foaming gel cleanser for sensitive or normal skin. This Olive-derived formulation offers exceptional cleansing without stripping skin; ideal for those prone to dryness or sensitivity. A careful blend of botanical ingredients effectively cleanse without disturbing the skin's natural tonal balance.

How to Use
Pour half a teaspoon into clean hands. Massage over the face and neck, then rinse thoroughly with warm water. Follow with your preferred Aesop toner and hydrator.

Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Olive Oil PEG 7 Esters, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, PEG-150 Distearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Sea Salt (Maris sal), Coco-Betaine, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, d-Limonene, Linalool.

What to Expect
Aroma: herbaceous notes
Product texture: clear gel, mild foam
Skin feel: gently cleansed, balanced

I bought Aesop products after reading so many great reviews about their products online. It is not really popular here in Indonesia, but in Australia and USA, Aesop has a serious cult following.

Now, I only use my Erha face scrub around 2-3 times a week. I use this when I don’t want to exfoliate.  I think it is good to give your skin a little break from harsh cleanser. This product is great for normal to dry skin since it has olive oil base. But I have oily skin and this doesn’t cause any breakout on me.

The amber colored glass bottle is not really practical because I have to pour the product out on my palm. At first I pour too much, but now I get used to it, I enjoy the look of their medicinal looking bottle. I read that glass bottle is better on preserving the ingredients inside. It is recommended that we only use a half tea spoon but I use a little bit more.

Because this soap is olive oil base, Aesop Fabulous Face Cleanser doesn’t lather or foam up like regular face wash. It remains slick when I massage it on my skin. The smell is amazing, like a bitter lime or something. Herbaceous and energizing. It is perfect to use in the morning.

My skin feels refreshed and balanced after that. Not too dry, not too moist either. Pores look smaller but the effect doesn’t last too long. This face cleanser might not work for people who have very oily skin since it wouldn’t give you the extra dry and clean feeling.

Despite all that, I do really enjoy the Aesop Fabulous Facial Cleanser. It is not like any other cleanser I have ever tried. Ask for a sample and see it by yourself.

Price: S$ 41 (Rp 332.100,-) in Aesop Store Takashimaya


Fabulous Face Oil


A daily moisturising botanical oil for normal, dull or congested skin.
Nine carefully selected botanicals deliver exceptional hydrating and fortifying benefits to detoxify, smooth and balance normal or patchy skin, with a non-greasy finish. Suited to all seasons, cities and skin types.

How to Use
Massage three to five drops into cleansed and toned skin. Alternatively, blend with your preferred Aesop hydrating cream, serum or gel to intensify hydration.

Ingredients
Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Linalool,Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Eugenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Benzyl Alcohol.

What to Expect
Aroma: floral, herbaceous
Product texture: dry, lightweight oil
Skin feel: moisturised, replenished, matte

I believe this is one of the best selling products from Aesop. This contains nine carefully selected botanicals like Macadamia Seed, Sweet Almond, Camellia Seed, Evening Primrose, Wheat Germ, Hazel, Jasmine, and some more.

I love my Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate, that’s my Holy Grail serum (you can read my review here http://vixenlady.blogspot.com/2013/02/holly-grail-product-review-kiehls.html) but I want to try face oils. It seems like everyone raving about face oils. Putting oil on oily skin (like mine) seems like a horrible idea, but so many modern face oils made without making oily skin produce more sebum. This Fabulous Face Oil is one of them.

The packaging is a dark amber-colored glass bottle, it is good to protect the active ingredients inside. The dropper is dispensing the perfect amount of product. I usually use 4 to 5 drops, warm it a little on my palm, inhale the floral herbaceous smell, and press it gently on my face and neck. If there’s any product left, I will apply it on my chest and my hand.

If you compare it to Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate, this Fabulous Face Oil is definitely heavier and richer. After applying it, my skin looks oily. But after 10-15 minutes it sinks and leaves a subtle glow. Scent wise, I enjoy my Kiehl’s more. Fabulous Face Oil is nowhere near a bad smell, but I don’t consider it as a great smell either.

After use it for about 3 weeks I didn’t notice any improvements on the imperfections of my skin. Acne scars still there, pores still there. The good thing is this oil doesn’t cause any breakout and gives me a glorious “lift from within” effect. So I guess Fabulous Face Oil main purpose is not to correct imperfections but to moisturized and plump your skin. 

Overall I still prefer my Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Serum but it didn’t stop me from enjoying this Aesop Fabulous Face Oil. I might buy this again in the future.
Price: S$ 77 (Rp 623.700,-) in Aesop Store Takashimaya

4 comments:

  1. Sharing my very first blog post … so glad to have finally entered the world of the blogger! Hope you enjoy it ;



    Good Facial Cleansers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear! congratulation for your very first post, have a great blogging journey :D

      Delete

  2. interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you



    Facial Cleanser for Dry Skin and Combination Skin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just downloaded iStripper, and now I enjoy having the sexiest virtual strippers on my taskbar.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...