Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Review: L’occitane Iris Angelica Sublime Beauty Cream


I never found a BB Cream (or CC or DD) that I really really love, I have tried some brands like Etude House, The Face Shop, Caring, Kiehl’s, and Chanel but they are not “the one”. So I bought the L’occitane Sublime Beauty Cream.


Description from L’occitane website:

“Achieve a perfect, flawless finish for your skin with Iris Angelica Sublime Beauty Cream by L'OCCITANE.

Offering all the benefits of a moisturizer and foundation, this BB cream does it all:
- Gives the complexion a fresh, natural and even look
- Visibly reduces the look of pores, redness and blemishes
- Hydrates and smoothes the skin
- Provides SPF 30 sun protection

The Sublime Beauty Cream is made with a patented combination of two angelic flowers: white iris and angelica. A symbol of pure beauty, the velvety and luminous white iris offers its powers of sublimation. Known for its incredible hydrating properties, angelica gives the skin vitality. Organic extracts from these two flowers leave skin looking and feeling perfect.”


My Experience

The packaging is a sleek white plastic tube with purple letters on it. In the store when I swatch it, I was shocked because the oil and cream part were separated. Later the beauty advisor told me to shake it first before every usage. 

The smells of this product is great, like a peony perfume from L’occitane. Fresh and flowery. I prefer not to use any fragranced product on my face but this one is gorgeous. 

The texture of the cream itself is very light, like putting water on your skin. Not heavy, not cakey. 
After using it for two weeks I can safely say that this BB cream doesn’t give me any breakout. 

Color selection is limited, only 2 choices of color, light and medium. The light one suits my NC25 skin better. It doesn’t oxidize on my face. 

The downside, this product doesn’t really have the best oil control property. I still have to blot after 2 hours. After reading the description above, I think this product is meant to moisturize the skin not to control oil, that’s why it is more suitable for normal to dry skin.

Another thing that I don’t like is the coverage. It does cover my pores well, but it is too sheer to cover my acne scars. 

For people who have perfect skin and only need a little coverage then this product is right for you. As for me, my search for the perfect alphabet cream still continues. 

Price
I got mine at L’occitane Store in Summarecon Serpong for Rp 432.000,- (originally it was Rp 480.000,- because I have their VIP member card, I get 10% discount for every purchase).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...