Monday, October 14, 2013

Review: Shu Uemura Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil


Hi Vixen,

Today I will do a review on this cult favorite product, Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil! I’ve known this product since I was in high school, rumor has is that Elizabeth Taylor is a fan. So glad I finally able to try it.  

Description from Shu Uemura website:
Beautiful makeup starts with beautiful skin.
in 1967, Mr. Uemura made history by introducing the first oil-based cleanser to Japan. YThe cleansing oil's exceptional reputation and gentle effectiveness quickly convinced the public of its skincare benefits and is now an emblematic product of the Shu Uemura brand.
Debut of cleansing oil
while working as a makeup artist in hollywood in the late 1950's, Shu Uemura discovered Unmask, an oil-based cleanser used by film stars and makeup artists on the set. Applying heavy stage makeup multiple times daily, actresses often developed sensitive skin from harsh make-up removers. Uemura saw that the cleansing oil removed make-up gently, yet effectively, while maintaining the skin’s natural level of moisture.

The joy of cleaning
the secret to 
Shu Uemura cleansing oil is protecting the skin's delicate moisture balance while removing makeup and impurities in a single step. Blending rich botanical oils, including avocado and jojoba, with natural phyto ingredients, cleansing oils are formulated in six varieties for perfect, gentle cleansing specific to skin's daily needs. gentle, thorough cleansing is the first step to beautiful skin.

High performance oil system

all of Shu Uemura's 
cleansing oils are formulated using the unique hpo (high performance oil) system, a complex combination of three moleculary distinct oils that trap the lipophilic residue of stubborn waxes and oils found in waterproof mascara, foundation and lip color. Once emulsified by water, the cleansing oil encapsulates hydrophilic residue, such as dirt and sweat, gently lifting both types of impurities from the pores simultaneously.

Cleansing oil's high affinity to skin allow for a gentle yet effective cleansing without disrupting skin's natural balance.”
Another description regarding the Shu Uemura Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil
“The beauty of cleansing oil is that it is the most effective to remove all impurities, and it creates the best skin condition. - Shu Uemura

The precious essence of 8 exquisite botanical origin oils has been merged together. Those were carefully sought out from Chinese medicines and beauty oils all over the world proven to have the highest skincare efficacy for a petal-soft silky smooth sensation.

8 exquisite oils from botanical origin for ultimate solution to 8 skin benefits powerful yet gentle botanical origin removal system for superb cleansing.

Removes effortless all kind of make-up and impurities. skin feels soften, conditioned, hydrated, nourished from within and glows with a new radiance.”


My Experience

Usage
Spread and massage the oil evenly on the face and neck. Concentrate it on the eye and lip area, add a little bit of water. It will turn into this milky white emulsion. Massage again then rinse with water until clean. 

Texture
Thick rich oil from the bottle. After I add a little water, it turns into this watery milky emulsion.

Pros
  • The pump dispenses a perfect amount of oil. Depends on the makeup I wear that day, I usually use 2 pumps. 
  • I can also twist the pump to lock it and it safe to go travel with me. 
  • This oil is by far the best makeup remover I have ever tried. It dissolves waterproof eye makeup, long wearing lipstick, and heavy foundation easily. I don’t need any other cleanser or makeup remover. 
  • It leaves my skin very clean and fresh. Even though this comes in an oil form, it doesn’t clog my pores or break me out. 
  • I see improvement on my skin after several times using it. It gives my skin a nice healthy glow. 
  • My skin also feels very soft after using it

Cons
  • This product is very expensive. It cost me Rp 1.200.000,- (around USD 110) for 450 ml. 
  • On some days, it gives me dry tight feeling. Not really bad though, put a little moisturizer and the problems gone. 
  • Sometimes it stings my eyes.

Neutral
  • This product has a light floral smell. I prefer my facial skincare doesn’t have any fragrance, but the smell of this product doesn’t really bothering me. 
  • Overall I recommend it to everyone especially a person who uses a lot of makeup. If I run out I will definitely buy again, I might try another type though, the green and pink one seems promising. I genuinely love this product.

Where to buy
Got it for Rp 1.200.000,- at Shu Uemura counter at Glow Living Beauty, Plaza Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...