Saturday, November 9, 2013

Review: Victoria’s Secret Angel Gold Eau de Parfum


Hi Vixen, 

Today I will do a review on Victoria’s Secret Angel Gold. I went to their new store at Plaza Indonesia and couldn’t help but picked something for myself. Angel Gold Set come in a white & peach box, sturdy and adorable, perfect present for birthday, Christmas, “seserahan”, and many things. It contains four products: full size perfume, mini perfume, showel gel, and lotion. But in this post I will do a specific review on the eau de parfum. 


Describe in three words?
Tropical, fresh, sparkling

The bottle?
Some people will find it tacky, but for me the full size bottle is amazing. It is thick heavy rectangular bottle with a pair of wings behind it. There is a small gold plate and gold detailing on the ‘neck’ of the bottle. I enjoy looking at it, I enjoy holding it. The mini bottle is much simpler, made without the wings. Perfect for travel or touching up throughout the day. 


What it smells like?
Top notes: Pear, Qumquat, Pomelo, Red Berries, Orange, Bergamot
Middle notes: Tulip, Jasmine, Gardenia, Water Lily, Peony
Base notes: Musk, Vanilla, Amber, Sandalwood, Cedar

When I read all the notes, I get confused because every time I spray this, I smell mango and pineapple! Like a sweet kind of mango pineapple sorbet. After mellows down, I notice a citrus and vanilla. Last, I get a faint trail of musk. 

A little bit cloying upon the first spray but don’t worry because it mellows down quickly. It is tropical and sparkling fragrance. A little bit sweet, a little bit citrusy. 

What kind of woman would wear this perfume?
I must say this is more Erin Heatherton than Adriana Lima. She is sweet, bubbly, girl next door type of girl. 


What kind of occasion suitable for this perfume?
Relaxing day on the beach, afternoon music festival, brunch with girlfriends, and afternoon coffee with your sister, this is perfect for casual spring/summer day. 

How about the sillage and  longevity?
Sillage is medium, after an hour it becomes very soft, very close to the skin. Longevity is around 1 – 2 hours on my skin and 7-8 hours on my clothes.  Make it last longer on your skin by layering it with the shower gel and lotion. 

Price?
I got mine at VS Store Plaza Indonesia for Rp 856.000,- this box contains:
  • 75 ml/2.5 fl.oz eau de parfum 
  •  7.5 ml/.25 fl.oz mini eau de parfum
  •  100 ml/ 3.4 fl.oz fragrance lotion
  •  100 ml/3.4 fl.oz fragrance shower gel. 

1 comment:

  1. Today I will do a review on Victoria's Secret Angel Gold. ... angelperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...