Thursday, December 12, 2013

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 72 Rose Initial


Hi ladies, long time no post, today I will do a review on my current favorite blush, Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 72 Rose Initial.

My experience:
First thing, I am somewhat confuse because I found some bloggers got Rose Initiale (yes, initiale, with E on it), some others got Rose Initial (Initial, without E), are they different? In chanel.com it is listed as Rose Initial, in nordstorm.com it is listed as Rose Initiale, Is there any European version and Asian version?

But anyway, let’s jump to the review. Chanel Rose Initial comes in a sleek black square compact with Chanel logo on it. To protect the case, it comes with a velvet pouch. I wonder why luxury compact always comes with velvet pouch? I like it very much.


Inside, there is a standard mirror and small brush. Personally I don’t really care with small brush. I find that my travel size MAC 129 SE brush works well with Rose Initial. The blush itself is very finely milled, using a brush that is slightly ‘rough’ like MAC 129 SE would help pick up more products.  I have tried to use a very soft brush, it doesn’t work as well, because there’s only very little pigment picked up.

Rose Initial is peachy pink color with a very fine gold shimmer in it. Such a versatile color, I can see it being paired with so many type of makeup style. I feel that this blush is great for light to medium skin tone, darker skin ladies might have a hard time to make this blush show up on their skin. Rose Initial is buildable but never makes me look like a clown. I like that Rose Initial gives a ‘glow from within’ effect, it doesn’t just sit on top of your skin like so many powder blush. It always looks natural, fresh, youthful, and innocent.

Another great thing is, this blush has a hint of rose powder smell and when I sweep it, I can detect a faint smell of it, gorgeous! Overall I really enjoy this blush and recommend it to any makeup lover. I might buy other color Joues Contastre from Chanel in the future, if you have any recommendations please let me know in the comments below.

Price:
Price Bht 1,330 (around Rp 505.400,-) I got mine at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...