Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in 24 Fresh Melon and 11 Pale Pink


Hi Ladies,

Today I will do a review on Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge. Because of the versatility, Pot Rouge is one of their best selling products. It’s a cream that can be used on the lips and cheeks. You can’t go wrong with it.

The formula is creamy and blends easily. I thought it would be too greasy to use on my oily skin but thankfully it sinks right in! Because I don’t like to dip my finger in the pot, I take some product out with a medium flat foundation brush, spread across the cheek and lip then blend right away. After that, I do a padding motion with a sponge to absorb moisture and oil. 

Fresh Melon
The colors I chose are Fresh Melon and Pale Pink. Fresh Melon is a true apricot color without any pink in it, creating the pretty peachy glow. This color would enhance light skin beautifully but I feel like dark skin ladies might find it hard to make this color show up. When used on my lips, I tend to pair it with smokey eyes. When I pair it with minimal makeup it slightly washes me out. For reference I’m NC25 with yellow undertone. Fresh Melon doesn’t really stay long on my face; it fades after 1-2 hours. Seal it with powder to increase the longevity. 

Pale Pink
Pale Pink on the other hand, is perfect to use when I just want a quick ‘no makeup’ makeup.  It’s a darker rosy color with a touch of purple in it. I feel like this color would complement so many different skin tones beautifully. Longevity is better that the Fresh Melon, it stays 3-4 hours on my cheek. I don’t know why that happens but I feel like Pale Pink is more pigmented and drier than Fresh Melon. Pale Pink is giving me a ‘blushing bride’ effect. 

So that’s my take on Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge, I hope it would be helpful for some of you, if you have any experience with this product, don’t hesitate to put a comment below. Have a bless day! 

Price: each was Rp 350.000,- I got mine in Metro Pacific Place.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is dear :D
      both are versatile for a so many skin colors

      Delete
  2. Bobbi Brown counternya baru ada di daerah Jakarta aja ya ?
    Di daerah Tangerang sudah ada kah ? O.o

    yang Pale Pink menarik banget soalnya XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kalau di Tangerang sayangnya belum ada Chie :(
      adanya di Pacific Place & Plaza Senayan

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...