Monday, July 21, 2014

Diptyque Tubereuse Candle

Hi everyone! Today I will do a review on something I never thought I would splurge on, which is Diptyque candle. My introduction to Diptyque candle started a long time ago when I read intothegloss.com. It seems like every interesting people interviewed there has Diptyque candle on their shelf.  

Rumor has it, this particular Tubereuse candle was being used by Christian Louboutin to scent one of his exhibition. My curiosity peak, is Diptyque candle that good? Let see the review.


Features:
  • Diptyque Tubereuse Scented Candle is made of a proprietary blend of vegetable and paraffin waxes and hand-poured into the glass that ensures the candle burns evenly. Because each fragrance contains a unique mix of natural ingredients, Diptyque custom blends specific wax formulas designed to complement every candle scent.
  • Tubereuse is the most expensive floral perfume ingredient in the world, its heady and intoxicating fragrance is completely captivating, making it one of the most cherished scents of all time.

Diptyque Candle Maintenance:
  • A well-cared for Diptyque 190 g candle will burn for up to 60 hours. Your candle will burn clean and evenly down to the bottom of the glass if you burn it for at least two hours the first time - or until the whole top is liquid with wax.
  • If the whole top is not melting, then the wax 'remembers' how far it has burned and will never burn beyond this distance. The middle part getting sunk in while the edge still unburned.  My tip when this thing happens? when the middle part melt, you also need to heat the side part with long electric lighter.  I find this method helps the candle to burn more even.
  • After blowing out your candle, centre and straighten the wick.
  • Trim the wick to about half a centimeter long before relighting the candle. By shortening the wick you allow it to burn more slowly and avoid unsightly black smoke marks around the edge of the glass.
  • Do not place the candle in a wind draught or directly on a glass or marble surface.
  • Never leave a lit candle unattended.
  • Never move or tip a lit candle.
  • Keep out of reach of children.

My Experince:
  • Some other companies just fragranced the top part or the wick of their candle, by the time goes by, the candle no longer smells good.  In the other hand, Diptyque candle is hand-poured, you will get the same strength of scent as your candle burn down.
  • Even when I don’t lit the candle, my room still smells really good. The air is infused with a soft, sheer scent of tuberose.
  • Putting Diptyque candle just add instant classiness to any room. The Diptyque glass is beautiful, completed by Diptyque signature painting on each surface. I can use it to store my makeup brushes when the wax gone.
  • If you expect a strong fragrance then Diptyque Tuberuese is not for you. It is not as ‘suffocating’ as fragrance incense or as strong as heated aromatherapy oil. When I came into my room I can detect it, but after a few minutes, I no longer can smell it.

Price:
Rp 765.000,- I got mine at Papilion Duo, Pacific Place, Jakarta

Bottom line is it worth it? No. Am I going to buy again? Surprisingly yes. If I have the money I will buy more scents. It just satisfying experience. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking for this Diptyque and I wonder where to find it now in Jakarta.. Do you have any idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear, ada di Papilion Duo, Pacific Place, Jakarta

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...