Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Hermes Jour d’Hermes Eau de Parfum

Hi all, in this post I will do a review on Hermes Jour d’Hermes EDP.  When I first tested it at the Hermes counter I just couldn't stop smelling my wrist, I had to come back to bought it on the very next day. I’m very excited about this perfume. Let’s check it out.


Three words
Light citrus floral

The Packaging
It has a heavy thick glass bottle and white cap embossed with gold Hermes logo.  Hard to carry around on travel since it’s so heavy but nonetheless it looks beautiful sit on my dressing table.


The Smell
Top notes: Grapefruit, Lemon, Watery Notes
Middle notes: Gardenia, Sweet Pea, Green Notes, and White Flowers
Base notes: Musk, Woody Notes

When I first spray it I get a luminous scent of grapefruit and lemon, the grapefruit and lemon are not sour, it is bright yet delicate like been diluted in water. After that I can detect floral notes that have a very smooth and tender quality. Very feminine, pure, and innocent . There is also a little green notes which beautifully blend with the rest of the notes.

Citrus floral fragrance can be generic and boring but this is one of a kind, I have never smelled something like this in the market, such simplistic and heavenly perfume.

The Nose
Jean-Claude Ellena. For me Ellena is one of the greatest perfumers in our time. He has created so many perfumes for Acqua di Parma, Amouage, Bvlgari, Cartier, Frederic Malle, Armani, Hermes, L’artisan Parfumeur, Sisley, YSL, and Van Cleef & Arpels. I have his book “Diary of a Nose” and it is a very interesting insight to the mind of a perfumer.

The Personality
Whenever I smell Jour d’Hermes the image of elegant, rich, and sophisticated young woman emerge in my mind. She comes from a respectable family, wearing nice clothing made of the finest fabric in neutral color like white, nude, beige, and pale yellow. She’s ladylike and refined. She sprays her Hermes silk scarf with this perfume before artfully drape it around her neck. Classy and luxury.


The Suitable Time
Because it is so light and inoffensive, Jour d’Hermes is suitable for spring summer day. This would be perfect for afternoon cruising in Mediterranean Sea. It is also great fragrance to wear on romantic date, strolling at a beautiful park, brunch, and elegant soiree.  Additionally, I personally think this would be a great wedding perfume.

The Sillage & Longevity
Sillage is soft and after a while become quite close to the skin. Longevity is actually rather good for such a light fragrance. For your information, my skin ‘eats’ every perfume, most of EDP gone after one hour on me. However Jour d’Hermes stays around 3-4 hours on my skin and 5-8 hours on my clothes.  

Where to Buy
I got mine at Sogo, Plaza Senayan - Jakarta

Price

Rp 1.170.000,- for 50 ml 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...