Friday, January 29, 2016

MAC Blush Review and Swatches



Hi all,
Among so many makeup products, I have a particular fondness for blushes and lipsticks. My favorite brands for blush are Bobbi Brown, NARS, MAC, and Chanel. Today I will share with you my MAC blushes collection. Enjoy!

MAC has different type of blushes such as the regular Powder Blush, Pro Long Wear Blush, Cremeblend Blush, Cream Color Base, Mineralize Blush, and some limited edition items. Other than that, MAC regular Powder Blush has different finishes such as:

Frost: Iridescent, lightly shimmering color. Adds highlights: provides a frosted 'bloom' to the cheeks.
Matte: Flat matte finish. Goes on lightly. Builds well. Blends with the skin.
Satin: Light-refractive sheen-style finish. Adds subtle highlights to the skin.
Sheertone: Shy-on tints in a sheer-on micro-refined powder. Not transparent. Goes on faint. Looks real.
Sheertone Shimmer: Jet-milled and micro-fine, just like Sheertone, but tickled with just-enough shimmer to make light dance on the cheeks.


MAC Blushes are not created equal, even when they are in the same range of finish. Most are great, others not so much. I must say that I prefer Satin and Matte among any others. The sheertone formula has low pigmentation, it is buildable but I prefer something more practical in daily basis. I’m not a big fan of too shimmery cheek, so Frost and Sheertone Shimmer are not for me.

Coygirl Sheertone Blush (Discontinue)
This is my very first MAC blush. I have it for so long, I hit pan, and the lid is broken. It is a super sheer-medium coverage cool orchid tone that will look good on fair and light skin tone. It gives a porcelain baby doll effect. Apply lightly and add more until you get the desired intensity. Too much Coygirl will result in super bright bad 80’s makeup.

“Dame” (Satin)
It is described as “sophisticated blue-pink” on MAC website. Dame is definitely more wearable cool tone pink than Coygirl. It gives sheer to medium coverage and slight sheen to the cheek. A cool tone medium pink that works great as an everyday blush. 


“Fleur Power” (Satin)
For darker skin tone that prefers warmer pinky tone look no further than Fleur Power. It is describe as “soft bright pinky coral” on MAC website. Fleur Power is warm-tone pink coral blush that has a very good pigmentation. You can wear it sparingly to create healthy glow or add more to create bold look. I can see so many skin tones wearing this color.

“Dainty” (Mineralize Blush)
MAC Mineralize Blush is marbleized and shaped like a doom. It gives super sheer-to medium coverage and has a lot of fine shimmer in it. Dainty is described as “light yellow-pink with gold pearl”. I reach this blush when I want a peachy cheek.

There are some other MAC blushes that I would like to try in the future such as “Mocha” (Matte), Melba (Matte), Pro Longwear Blush in “Stubborn” and Mineralized Blush in “Gentle”. MAC regular powder blush priced at USD 22 on MAC Website and Rp 320.000,- at MAC Sogo Plaza Senayan/MAC Seibu Grand Indonesia/MAC Metro Pacific Place. What is your favorite MAC blush? Let me know in the comments below. Have a great day all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...