Today I would like to share with you my two favorite concealers which are RMS ‘un’cover-up that I specifically used for under-eye area and Laura Mercier Secret Comuflage for blemishes and dark spots.
In the past, I have used MAC Studio Finish Concealer, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, Bobbi Brown Corrector (another good one for dark circle), Benefit Boi-ing and YSL Touche Eclat. Each one of them is good and has their own plus and minus. However the RMS and Laura Mercier are the two that I reach the most in these past months. Let’s jump into the review.
RMS 'un'cover-up no 11
RMS brand is supermodel favorites. It is stated on their website that ‘un’cover-up is completely lightweight and hydrating to the skin. The 'un'cover-up will reveal more youthful and radiant result. Shade 11 is a pale shade with a subtle yellow base. It has coconut oil, castor seed oil, jojoba seed oil, cocoa seed butter, and beeswax. All organic and doesn't create millia on my oily-acne prone skin.
Since it has moisturizing ingredients, my under eye area always feel smooth and hydrated, unlike some other concealers that resulted in dry, wrinkly and crepey-looking eye. The texture of ‘un’cover-up is heavenly: smooth, lightweight and glides on easily while still maintain a great pigmentation. I use clean ring finger to apply this product.
Price: I got mine at Beyorg, IFC Mall-Hong Kong. Price was HKD 345. See my full Hong Kong Haul here.
Laura Mercier Secret Comuflage in SC – 3
Lately I have some kind of hormonal cystic acne going on. My usual Erha medication doesn’t really heal it as fast as it used to be. I need strong, opaque, non-oily, long lasting concealer to hide those annoying bumps. This concealer is not your ‘dab and go’ kind of concealer. You need specific technique to use this product. Here’s what I learn:
- Make sure your skin match the largest pan. You can use the smaller pan, which contains peach or pink tone to counteract redness, blue-ish or purple-ish skin imperfections.
- Use concealer brush to pick some concealer from the largest pan, put it on your palm. Next use concealer brush to pick some concealer from the smallest pan. Mix it on your palm with the first concealer. You can customize the color by adding more products. My brush of choice is Real Rechnique Detailer Brush.
- Secret Comuflage is such a heavy duty, dry, dense, and opaque concealer. It needs to be warm up before we apply on our skin. You can blast the pan with hair dryer, put the compact inside our jeans pocket for 30 minutes, or my favorite trick just put mix the two colors together on our palm. The heat from our palm helps melt the product together.
- Apply the mixture of concealer with our finger or concealer brush onto any dark spots, blemishes and scarring.
- Because of the dry texture, I find it not really suitable to use for under eye area. The Sales Associate at Laura Mercier also told me that this one is not for the under-eye area. Laura Mercier has other concealer for that purpose. If you insist to use it to cover dark circle, I suggest to apply creamy eye cream first to make it glides easily.
Overall this is not practical concealer. But if you know how to use this, the result is much better and longer lasting than any other concealer in the market. Price: I got mine at Laura Mercier Counter at Paragon Dept. Store, Bangkok. Price was Bath 1300. See mu full Bangkok Haul here
So that’s all for today, what is your favorite concealer for under-eye area? What is the best concealer for blemishes? I would love to try the Cle de Peau concealer in the future. Let me know what you think in the comments below.